Investors’ Allegations Against Centaurus Financial Broker Include Unsuitability, Misrepresentations, and Concentration
Our experienced Texas broker misconduct attorneys are looking into claims of losses involving current and former customers of William Charles Burks, also known as Bill Burks II, in Flower Mound. Bill Burks is a Centaurus Financial broker who has been named in several customer disputes, most of which are settled or still pending.
Customer Disputes Involving Centaurus Financial Broker Bill Burks II
Some of the twelve customer disputes involving the Centaurus Financial broker, who has worked for over two decades in the industry, include:
- July 2021: A $20K settlement was reached with this customer who alleges that Bill Burks unsuitably recommended illiquid securities and breached his fiduciary duty;
- June 2021: This customer dispute, claiming concentration in unsuitable investments, was resolved with a $249K settlement;
- February 2021: This investor claim, alleging misrepresentations of investments that did not perform as anticipated, was resolved with a nearly $50K settlement;
- February 2021: In this FINRA arbitration case, the customer contends that between 2016 and 2020, Burks allegedly recommended risky, unsuitable investments.
- May 2018: Alleging unsuitability, misrepresentations, and breach of fiduciary duty, this claimant agreed to a $52,750 settlement.
Before joining Centaurus Financial, Bill Burks was a PFS Investments Inc. broker from 1997 to 2000.
SSEK Law Firm Files FINRA Arbitration Claims Against Centaurus Financial
Currently, we have several active Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) arbitration claims against Centaurus Financial on behalf of clients. Many of whom were unsuitably sold GWG Holdings L Bonds or other products. These investors are now fighting to recoup their losses.
Whether your losses involve GWG L Bonds or another investment, you will want to work with skilled securities lawyers who have the resources and experience to pursue damages on your behalf.
Centaurus Financial is one of the more than 140 regional brokers partnered with Emerson Equity to sell risky junk bonds to customers. In April 2022, GWG Holdings, which owes L Bond investors $13.6M in payments and interest and sold $1.6B of these speculative, illiquid products, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
Centaurus Financial must properly supervise its brokers, including financial advisor Bill Burks. When failing to do that enables broker misconduct or negligence, the firm may be liable for an investor’s losses.
Seasoned Broker-Dealer Negligence Law Firm
In Texas, contact our Houston broker negligence attorneys at (713) 227-2400 or our Dallas securities lawyers at (214) 613-5306. Throughout the United States, call SSEK Law Firm at (800) 259-9010 today. We can help you to recoup losses suffered as a result of working with Centaurus Financial broker Bill Burks.