Investment Losses During Recent Market Crisis May Be Recoverable
Investors throughout the United States are grappling with financial investment losses as markets continue to remain volatile in the wake of Coronavirus (COVID-19). The recent oil price drops, the rise in unemployment as businesses are forced to shutter and lay off employees, and a flailing economy has done nothing to assuage growing concerns.
Already, Shepherd Smith Edwards and Kantas (SSEK Law Firm) has spoken to a number of these investors to see how we might help.
It’s important to know that while how the markets respond may not be in your stockbroker’s control, there may have been other factors at play that contributed to your losses, including broker fraud or negligence. You may be able to recover your money if any of the following occurred:
- Unsuitable investment recommendations
- Failure to execute trades and orders
- Poor investment advice
- Failure to recommend the sale of a stock
- Unauthorized trading
- Failure to supervise
- Investing your money in riskier investments than what you agreed to
- Trades made for the purpose of earning commissions instead of in your best interests
- Selling of unregistered securities
- Employing an investment strategy that was too aggressive for your portfolio or investment goals
- Breach of contract
- Selling away
- Misrepresentations and omissions
- Failure to take the necessary steps to safeguard your investments during COVID-19
What Steps To Take If You Suspect You Are A Victim Of Broker Fraud
At SSEK Law Firm, we remain hard at work helping investors, especially during these turbulent and unpredictable times. We know that your investments are more important than ever, which is why we are continuing to prepare and pursue broker fraud and negligence claims on our clients’ behalf.
Here Are Steps You Can Take If You Suspect Broker Negligence or Fraud
- Reach out to your stockbroker and broker-dealer and talk to them about your concerns. It is important that you notify your brokerage firm as soon as possible that you believe broker fraud or negligence may be at play.
- Begin compiling all documents and information related to suspected fraud.
- Contact our broker fraud lawyers at SSEK Law Firm immediately so that we can help you determine whether you have grounds for a case. An investor fraud complaint is not the type of case that you want to pursue without legal help.
The chances of financial recovery are much stronger if you have an experienced stockbroker fraud law firm representing you. Also, filing an individual fraud or negligence claim, rather than going in on a class action securities fraud case if that is an option, gives you the best chance of maximizing your recovery.
Broker Fraud Lawyers Can Recover Your Investment Losses
Even as SSEK Law Firm takes the necessary steps to help “flatten the curve” and protect our team and our clients from COVID-19, our investment fraud lawyers are here for investors. We work with clients throughout the United States. Over the years, we have recovered many millions of dollars on investors’ behalf.
Your first case consultation with us at SSEK Law Firm is free, confidential, and of no-obligation. Should we agree to work together, any legal fees would only come from what we recover for you. Contact us today to determine if we can assist in the recovery of your investment losses due to broker fraud claims.