Pending Customer Disputes Seek Nearly $2.6M in Broker Misconduct Damages
If you suffered losses while working with ex-Forta Financial Group stockbroker Gregory Jon Williams, you may want to consider filing a FINRA arbitration claim to pursue damages.
Williams, who is named in several pending customer disputes, is no longer a registered representative. He appears to still be affiliated with Presidential Wealth Management in Colorado Springs.
Several of the complaints involving Williams reportedly are over investor losses related to alternative investments. These investments included business development companies (BDCs), oil and gas programs, private placements, annuities, and non-traded real estate investment trusts (non-traded REITs). These investments are considered high-risk and not suitable for most retail and conservative investors.
Our Colorado broker misconduct attorneys are investigating investor claims involving former Forta Financial Group broker Gregory Williams. Please contact Shepherd Smith Edwards and Kantas (SSEK Law Firm at investorlawyers.com) so that we can help you explore your legal options. In Colorado, call (720) 439-2827 or, throughout the US, call (800) 259-9010 today.
Ex-Forta Financial Broker Accused of Negligence, Misrepresentations, and More
The nine disclosures on Gregory Williams’ BrokerCheck are all customer disputes:
- 4/2021: The claimant, who is alleging breach of fiduciary duty, negligence, and securities violations, is requesting $30K in damages.
- 10/2020: Alleging unsuitability, negligence, and misrepresentations, this investor is requesting $250K in damages.
- 10/2020: Making similar contentions, this former customer is seeking $99K in damages.
- 9/2020: This broker negligence case has the claimant requesting $500K in damages.
- 3/2020: Making similar contentions as other customers, as well as alleging failure to supervise, these investors are also seeking $500K in damages.
- 3/2019: A FINRA arbitration panel granted this customer an award of nearly $46K.
- 6/2018: Alleging failure to supervise, misrepresentations and omissions, securities fraud, and other claims, this customer is requesting $1.2M in damages.
- 8/2009: This misrepresentation claim was denied.
- 2/2009: This unauthorized trading case was settled for $25K.
Gregory Williams was a Forta Financial Group broker from 2011 to 2020. Previously, he was a registered representative for other brokerage firms such as Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, Citigroup Global Markets, Banc One Securities, AG Edwards and Sons, and IDS Marketing.
Knowledgeable Colorado Broker Negligence Lawyers
SSEK Law Firm represents alternative investment customers in recovering their losses sustained due to broker negligence or misconduct. Our investment fraud lawyers have successfully recovered losses from investors all across the United States and abroad. If you suffered losses while working with former Forta Financial stockbroker Gregory Williams, contact us today.