Ex-NPB Financial Group Advisor Has Six Disputes On BrokerCheck Record
If you suffered losses while working with former NPB Financial Group registered representative Neal Edwin Nakagiri, you might have grounds for a Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) arbitration claim to pursue damages from the firm. Nakagiri, who has worked for four decades in the industry, has been named in at least six customer complaints.
According to his LinkedIn, Nakagiri is President and managing owner of NPB Financial Group. He was also a registered broker and investment advisor with the firm from 2006 until March 2022.
Shepherd Smith Edwards and Kantas (SSEK Law Firm at investorlawyers.com) is investigating claims of losses by customers of Neal Nakagiri and other brokers. Please contact our California broker misconduct attorneys at (619) 550-4847 if you want to explore your legal options.
Customers of Broker Neal Nakagiri Allege Gross Negligence and More
According to BrokerCheck, Nakagiri’s disclosures include allegations of negligence, supervisory failures, and due diligence failures:
- 11/2021: This negligence case, which also alleged due diligence failures, failure to supervise, and other claims, was settled for $20K. This may have involved real estate investment trusts (REITs).
- 10/2021: Also alleging supervisory and due diligence failures, misrepresentations, and gross negligence, this claimant requests nearly $433K in damages.
- 5/2021: This investor, who alleges elder financial abuse and breach of fiduciary duty, is requesting $300K in damages.
- 2/2021: This failure to supervise case involving REITs was settled for $199K.
- 9/2002: This broker negligence case from when Nakagiri was an Associated Securities Corp. registered representative was settled for $68K.
- 9/1997: This claimant received a $191K settlement related to variable annuities losses.
Other firms where Nakagiri used to be a registered representative include Associated Planners Investment Advisory, Associated Planners Securities Corporation of Nevada, W & D Securities, Morgan, Olmstead, Kennedy & Gardner, Inc., and Jefferies & Co., Inc.
SSEK Law Firm Files Non-Traded REIT Case Against NPB Financial
Earlier in 2022, our non-traded real estate investment trust attorneys filed a FINRA arbitration case against NPB Financial on behalf of a retiree who was unsuitably invested in Hospitality Investors Trust (HIT REIT). The claimant’s former broker is now barred by the industry by FINRA. In her complaint, the investor alleges misrepresentations, unsuitability, gross negligence, omissions, negligence, and breach of fiduciary duty.
If you suffered losses that you think may have been caused by your NPB Financial broker, contact SSEK Law Firm at (800) 259-9010 today.