Former Vancouver, Washington Financial Adviser Has 21 Disclosures On Record
Jeffrey Raymond Dixson, an ex-Madison Avenue Securities investment advisor and stockbroker, is the subject of at least 10 Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) arbitration claims in which the customers are seeking damages for their GPB private placement losses.
The investments were issued by GPB Capital Holdings, which is now accused of running an over $1.8B Ponzi scam that defrauded more than 17,000 investors. Madison Avenue Securities is one of many broker-dealers that earned over $160M in commissions from selling GPB alternative investments.
GPB Capital Fraud Claims Involving Broker Jeffrey Dixson
Here are the disclosures on Jeffrey Dixson’s BrokerCheck record, that involve GPB Funds or other alternative investments:
- 5/2021: The customers in this investor fraud claim allege alternative investment fraud, elder abuse, and failure to supervise.
- 4/2021: This GPB investor fraud case seeks $195K in damages and alleges unsuitable investment recommendations, breach of fiduciary duty, and failure to supervise going as far back as 2015.
- 4/2021: For the allegedly unsuitable recommendation of GPB Automotive, this claimant is requesting $545K in damages.
- 11/2020: This customer is seeking $151,507 in damages for the allegedly unsuitable recommendation of GPB and other alternative investments.
- 11/2020: Requesting $200K in damages, this unsuitable investment fraud claim is also related to GPB Auto.
- 10/2020: This is another GPB investor fraud case that is accusing Dixson of making unsuitable investment recommendations.
- 9/2020: This GPB Automotive fraud case alleges due diligence failures and unsuitability. The claimant is seeking $50K in damages.
- 8/2020: This claimant received a $120,991 settlement for their GPB Capital investment losses.
- 8/2020: This customer filed an investor fraud claim related to GPB Funds and another alternative investment. They are seeking $100K in damages.
- 5/2020: This claimant filed an alternative investment fraud claim in Washington State and is alleging overconcentration, unsuitability, and misrepresentations and omissions. They are seeking nearly $1.28M in damages.
- 4/2020: This investor was paid a $100K settlement in their GPB investor fraud claim.
- 4/2020: An $89,500 settlement was paid to this GPB Capital investor who filed their FINRA arbitration case in Texas.
- 2/2020: Alleging elder abuse, failure to supervise, poor performance, and lack of due diligence, this GPB investor received a $52,500 settlement.
- 11/2019: This investor fraud claim, brought in Oregon, alleged unsuitability involving different alternative investments and fixed index annuities. The claimant received a $52,500 settlement.
- 9/2019: Also brought in Oregon and alleging unsuitable alternative investment fraud and other claims, such as negligence, breach of fiduciary duty, and elder abuse, the claimant was paid a $200K settlement.
- 8/2019: This alternative investment fraud claim concluded with a $136K settlement.
- 7/2019: This claimant contends that their unsuitable investment rendered a poor performance. They received an $85K settlement.
What is an Alternative Investment?
Alternative investments should ideally only be sold to accredited investors. Yet many broker-dealers sold private placements in the GPB Funds to many inexperienced investors, conservative investors, retail investors, and retirees.
Jeffrey Dixson worked in the industry for 19 years. He was a Madison Avenue Securities broker from 2007 to 2009. Other firms where he used to be a registered representative include Pacific West Securities, InterSecurities Inc., United Securities Alliance, and WMA Securities.
Experienced GPB Capital Fraud Attorneys
Shepherd Smith Edwards and Kantas (SSEK Law Firm at investorlawyers.com) is pursuing GPB investment fraud claims against the brokerage firms and their registered representatives that enriched themselves from this fraudulent investment that cost customers significant financial losses. We represent investors nationwide in securities arbitration cases.
Contact SSEK Law Firm at (800) 259-9010 if Madison Avenue Securities broker Jeffrey Dixson or any other financial adviser sold you GPB private placements and you lost money because of it.