Award Names The Top Investor Attorneys in The US
Shepherd Smith Edwards and Kantas (SSEK Law Firm at investorlawyers.com) is pleased to announce that Senior Partners and Investor Attorneys Kirk G. Smith and Samuel B. Edwards have been named in the 2022 Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyers List. The award is for their work successfully representing investors in FINRA arbitration and litigation in pursuing damages from the broker-dealers, including the big firms on Wall Street, responsible for their investment losses.
Lawdragon publishes a 500 Leading Lawyers in America list each year. 2022 is the first time the legal media company created a curated list of plaintiff financial attorneys. Final candidates are vetted by competitors and peers.
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, and led by securities litigation attorneys Kirk Smith and Sam Edwards, SSEK Law Firm has been fighting for clients, including retail investors, retirees, high-net-worth individual investors, and institutional investors for over 30 years. We have represented thousands of investors and recovered millions on their behalf.
Our team of lawyers, consultants, and others have a combined over a century’s worth of experience in securities law and the securities industry. SSEK Law Firm represents investors in Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) arbitration, mediation, and litigation, including in federal and state courts.
Examples of Recent Awards and Settlement SSEK Law Firm Has Secured for Investors:
- A $4M FINRA arbitration award against J.P. Morgan Securities. This amount was more than the net out-of-pocket losses suffered by the investor, which is rare for a claimant to receive. Our FINRA arbitration lawyers could get the brokerage firm to terminate the broker’s employment. We also secured related settlements against J.P. Morgan for other investors.
- Along with another securities law firm, our investor attorneys won a nearly $2.7M award for a retiree against First Allied Securities. This figure represented every dollar we had requested, including market-adjusted damages, for losses involving non-traded real estate investment trusts (non-traded REITs).
- A $400K FINRA arbitration award against UBS Financial Services over losses the claimant suffered in the firm’s Yield Enhancement Strategy (UBS YES). Cases involving this complex options trading strategy are hard to prove, and this was one of the first related wins against UBS.
- An approximately $250K award in one of the first FINRA arbitration cases heard on Zoom. Along with the New Jersey Department of Securities, our securities law firm helped put the broker-dealer involved out of business.
- We helped an elderly investor recover $550K from UBS after one of its brokers stole her money. SSEK Law Firm worked with the US Justice Department to send this financial advisor to prison.
- In addition to obtaining a verdict for an investor against Morgan Keegan & Co., our securities lawyers were able to make a beneficial law in Texas on “aider and abettor” liability under the Texas Securities Act.
- A $10M FINRA arbitration award, including $1M in punitive damages, against UBS over losses sustained by our client in Puerto Rico bonds involving proprietary mutual funds.
Seasoned FINRA Arbitration Lawyers Fighting for Investors
In 2022, SSEK Law Firm represents many investors, including those who suffered losses in GWG Holdings L Bonds, Northstar Financial Services (Bermuda), and other products, against the brokerage firms that unsuitably recommended and sold them these investments.
Call SSEK Law Firm at (800) 259-9010 to schedule your free, no-obligation case consultation.