Throughout the San Francisco Bay Area, investors are finding themselves hit with huge investment losses, especially over the last few months as COVID-19 has shut down the economy, rattled the markets, and caused an oil price war.
While the Coronavirus has negatively impacted many investments, you should know that some of these losses also may be due to broker fraud or negligence. Shepherd Smith Edwards and Kantas (SSEK Law Firm) can help you determine whether this is the case and if it means that you have grounds for an investor claim to recover your losses. Contact us today to request your free, no-obligation consultation.
Investment Losses Reasons That May Be Grounds for a San Francisco Broker Fraud Claim
Below, are some of the reasons that investors across the United States can use when looking to file an investment fraud claim against a broker-dealer or financial representative.
- Unsuitable investment recommendations that were too high risk or inappropriate for your portfolio or your investment goals
- Misrepresentations or omissions of key facts regarding your investments or trading activities in your portfolio
- Unauthorized trading
- Failure to execute trades
- Churning, which involves excessive trading in your account for the purposes of earning your broker and their firm more commissions
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Bad investment advice
- Overconcentrating your account rather than diversifying your portfolio, which can dramatically increase the risk of loss
- Unregistered securities sales
- Failure to supervise by your brokerage firm, which is what enabled the broker misconduct or negligence to occur
- Breach of contract
Why You Should Work with an Experienced San Francisco Broker Fraud Law Firm
Pursuing an investment fraud claim against your stockbroker, investment adviser, and their firm is not the type of case you want to handle on your own and without experienced help.
There is just too much at stake. You want to work with a legal team that is not afraid to go up against even the largest firms on Wall Street and has the resources and knowledge to protect and fight for your right to recovery.
At SSEK Law Firm, our San Francisco investment fraud attorneys have been representing investors for 30 years including retail investors, senior investors, institutional investors, high net worth individual investors, inexperienced investors, and sophisticated investors.
We have helped thousands of them to recover their investment losses through the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) arbitration, in federal and state courts, and through private arbitration. Even during the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve remained hard at work advocating for investors in the Bay Area and pursuing broker fraud claims on their behalf.
With an Experienced San Francisco Bay Area Investor Fraud Law Firm On Your Side:
- You increase your chances of maximizing your recovery.
- You are working with a legal team that knows how the securities arbitration and litigation systems and work.
- You have seasoned broker fraud lawyers who know how to thoroughly investigate, prepare, file, and fight for your claim.
- They can help you take action immediately to stop you from sustaining even more investor losses due to the fraud or negligence.
You Only Pay Legal Fees If There Is Recovery
When an investor has already lost so much money, it is natural to worry about how to pay for the legal fees. You should know that at SSEK Law Firm, we are only paid for our legal services if and when we obtain a financial outcome for a client, and payments would only come out of the recovery paid by the negligent party and never out of your own pocket.
During this pandemic and beyond, our broker fraud law firm has instituted the necessary measures to keep our clients and our staff safe. We are currently meeting with investors via video and teleconference and we continue to fully serve all of our clients. Call 415-287-0877 or contact us online.